Items of Interest
- A change in the MAMCA Constitution (ARTICLE I) has been proposed
by the Board of Directors and will require approval by the membership present at the annual business
meeting in JANUARY 2015. The proposed changes can be found in the NEWS section.
- Be sure to check the Employment Opportunities portion of the NEWS section for new job postings.
- The Fall 2014 Newsletter is now available in the NEWS section. Many thanks to the Newsletter Editor, Dennis Salmen, for putting together and publishing the Fall edition of the MAMCA Newsletter.
- An Outstanding Student Award has been developed by the association as a means to both recognize the contributions of an individual pursuing studies related to the field of mosquito or vector control and to encourage academic pursuits in disciplines related to same. The award recipient must be a resident of one of MAMCA’s nine member states or must be attending a school of higher learning in one of MAMCA’s nine member states. Please check the Conference page for more information.
- The 2015 MAMCA Conference in Savannah will include a Poster Session. For more information please check the Conference page.
- Congratulations to Charlie Pate. He was awarded the 17th R. E. Dorer Award at the 39th Annual Meeting.
- Please check out the following link to AMCA's website concerning the following important topic: Message Points for Impacts of NPDES. They have a link on that page to a bullet list of talking points.
- Mosquitoes of the Southeastern United States by Nathan D. Burkett-Cadena is now available. For more information, visit the NEWS section.
- Check the 2014 Conference Presentations page for PDF versions of the presentations from 39th Annual Conference in Cambridge, MD.
- Check the Upcoming Events regularly for the latest information on upcoming meetings and other items of interest to the membership.
|The Mid-Atlantic Mosquito Control Association is a non-profit, professional organization founded in 1975. The membership consists primarily of local, state, and federal government officials; industry, and research/academic members from the nine member states of Delaware, Georgia, Maryland, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia and West Virginia.
Website designed by Jeff Heusel in 2006
Hosted by 1and1.com